The May 2009 edition of Successful Fundraising has short little gem of an article called, “Build Image Worthy of Major Gift Support.” The article says, “To attract sizable gifts, your nonprofit needs to be perceived as worthy of such gifts.”
Really think about that for a minute. “To attract sizable gifts, your nonprofit needs to be perceived as worthy of such gifts.” Does your nonprofit project an image of worthiness? Or does your nonprofit look like it is struggling? No one wants to invest in a sinking ship, especially in this economy.
- Is your organization financially stable?
- Has your organization had a balanced budget for a few years in a row?
- Does your organization have a financially capable and supportive board?
- Are your facilities well maintained?
- Are your clients satisfied?
- Does your organization have an adequate operating reserve?